Saturday, May 17, 2008

Chapter : Blank Mind

My mind is blank, I have no motivation to do my assignments yet I’m restless. I don’t know why but I just couldn’t sleep even though I’m tired nor am able to actually play a game to pass my leisure time. Something is wrong with me, is it the stress that I’m suffering? Oh it is just the weather that is making me feel restless? I have no idea. I have come to a conclusion that in my past life, I was a reptile because my body temperature follows my surroundings. If I’m covered in a blanket, all nice and warm, I would feel way too hot later then when I decided throw the blanket off and feel the cool winter chill, my body temperature immediately feels cold. The irony is that I don’t even like reptiles because they give me the chills.

Anyway, I have managed to draft out my game proposal and submitted to my lecturer to read it before actually handing it up. Not only that, my sound group project is progressing well as we have managed to add it all the sounds we have and mixed them all together plus managed to get a feedback from our tutor telling us to correct certain parts in our sound and giving us advices on how to make our sounds fit the movie better. Alex, the tutor taught us an interesting thing which is how to make the sounds coming from the television. It is an extra bonus point for us because we now have finally found the solution to overcome that problem.

I wanted to start writing on my research essay and I happened to stumble upon the term, Ludology vs Narratology. I realized that these terms actually fit what I actually wanted to convey in my research essay but I am worried whether my lecturer would approve of it. He told me that I should focus on the differences between narrative and non-narrative games and finding out the best selling games and why they are the best sellers. Come to think of it, I felt that the terms that I have found somewhat fits and I was hoping that I would be able to use it in my essay. I just have to wait for my lecturer to reply my mail or probably see him on Monday and pester him about it.

I really should stop writing about my progression of my assignments or thoughts on it because I feel it is getting really boring, don’t you think?

Ever since staying here in Australia, I have realized that my trips to the toilet are way more often compared when I was staying in Malaysia. I haven’t really found the exact reason why but I did manage to come up with fairly few conclusions. There are:

  • My iron stomach isn’t so strong anymore. Probably turned into rust or something.
  • Back in Malaysia, the food is so dirty that I have developed a strong immunity to eating contaminated food but upon reaching here, it started to fade away.
  • Australia food is really clean to the extend with a fleck of a dust contaminating the food I eat resolves into daily trips to the loo.
  • The food that I consumed at home doesn’t go well with my digestive system.
  • My stomach have decided to live on air alone and thus rejecting all sort of food that I have consumed

It is pretty dangerous to have constant tummy aches these few weeks because I have datelines to rush and well, I don’t want to spend endless nights sitting inside the toilet with the laptop prop onto my lap typing my essays away. Well, it that do happen, remind myself to take a picture of me doing that.

A friend gave me a link to watch on YouTube and it was about this little person who nicknamed himself as KevJumba. He is pretty famous in the YouTube community because of the videos that he makes. Technically, it is about him talking or doing some stuff that it is pretty hilarious and interesting. One of the videos that he posted which is called the staring contest which he challenged Jessica Alba to do it. Surprisingly enough, she actually took that challenged and beat him to it. It is really cool. Well, that little kid have managed to make a name for himself by posting videos about him, or something like that. If you interested to find out who is that he or want to watch his videos, just Google it. Remember, Google is your best friend.

Then it got me thinking, people who are famous these days are mostly talent spotted from the web. Like Coby (I can’t remember her last name) she was from YouTube or that girl who sang “I fell in love with the DJ”, she was spotted from MySpace. I can’t remember her name either. I’m hopeless with names but I do manage to recall faces. Well, never underestimate the power of the web. It can do wonders without you realizing. Don’t you agree?

No comments: