Friday, April 20, 2007

Chapter: Masion

Yesterday was the first time in my life that I went to a club. Technically, I wasn’t clubbing because all I did was just sat there and drink while I watched the others dance. It all began when I was waiting for Candy to arrive around 9 something which he said. I started to get ready around 8pm and it was just enough time because when I just finished putting some final touched with my make-up then he messaged me that he was outside my house. He wanted to assure to my mom that I am in safe hands. The conversation went like this,

“Don’t worry, Aunty, I will assure you that your daughter will be in good hands,” he said.

“Are you sure? What time are you planning to send her back?” my mom asked.

“Err, around 2-3am,” he replied.

“She has work tomorrow,” my mom said. “Ting, what time do you have to go to work tomorrow?”

“Around 12pm,” I replied.

“Make sure that she doesn’t drink because she is still underage,” my mom said.

“Yes, aunty,” he said.

After that we left the house, we went to pick Eugene at his place. We arrived earlier and we had to wait for a while because Eugene was getting ready. It took a while until Eugene beckons us to come into his house which totally freaked me out. I saw his dad, mom and sister and Candy was telling Eugene’s dad that I am Su Yee’s sister. My sister and Eugene knew each other since primary school.

After that we head off to Masion which was at located in town. It has been a while since I been to town and I saw it was pretty nice at night cause there weren’t much cars around and it was pretty peaceful. We arrived at the place earlier then usual so we went to mamak to drink. So we sat there for a while talking and joking then we head off to Masion. Reaching there, I saw a huge crowd of people lingering outside the club and I spotted Ken Nie, Chiong Kor, Mohan and Joel. We went there to say hi and such and I spotted Nicklaus in the midst. Nick came with Lisa, Shaun and Julian, his bunch of friends.

After greeting them, then it was time to head into the club. The bouncer requested for our identification card so ensure that we weren’t underage and thank god that I am 19 now. After that the bouncer chopped our arms with it stated “Happening Club”. I was with Candy because I am under his care. Candy showed me around the club and telling me where the toilets are and also showing me the dance floor of the podium and such. I just sat there drinking Chivas mixed with Coke. I haven’t tasted Chivas before so I was pretty much happy that I am drinking some expensive drink.

But after drinking that drink, my face turned really hot and it was BRIGHT red. Thankfully that it was dark in the club so they couldn’t really see much of my face colour, though I could feel that my face is burning really hot and I kept fanning myself so I could cool down. Eugene and Candy kept pestering me to dance but I kept declining their offer because I can’t dance to save my life. So instead I took the opportunity to bully Chiong Kor. The first time I met him was somewhere in Damansara Jaya when he was with the rest of the boys playing Dota. He was hiding in the car, hugging the pillow and refuses to come out and it gave me a huge impression that he was a quiet and shy kid. Who knew that when I saw him that night at the club, that particular impression was totally gone from my mind? He was talkative and funny. He wasn’t the same person that I met that night. I kept pestering him saying “Are you the same person I met who hides in the car hugging the pillow?” It made him speechless and didn’t want to answer my question. It was so amusing.

At first things were starting off slowly, pretty dead but went it touches the peak around 12pm almost to 1am, things started to pick up. People were dancing, people were screaming, laughing, technically, letting loose. I was just observing my surroundings because after all, it was my first time being in the club. I just sat there chilling while I watched the others dancing, drinking. Most of the time, I was drinking a non-alcoholic drink which was Coke. Only at certain times I drank Chivas mixed with Coke which was mixed either by Eugene or Candy. I think I only drank around 2 glasses of those. I wasn’t drunk but my face was really red from what I can feel from the heat.

People were going wild around our table and also the people at our table were going wild themselves too. It was really a thing to see. Most of the time they went down to the dance floor to let loose or for the guys, more like….picking up the hot chicks. As usual, I just sat at the table drinking my Coke and observing the crowd. I was really taken care of though. By Candy and Eugene, I felt like a little princess. Even though I didn’t dance, I just sat down at the table talking to Chiong Kor and teasing him in a way by asking him to and dance with some chicks. But his reply to me was really amusing. He kept saying, “I don’t want to dance with them! I want to dance with you only! Come la! If you dance I dance!” I was like thinking, “Is he drunk?”

After the hype, things start to mellow down because the club was going to close. People were finishing the bottle of Chivas which they ordered and dancing a few more rounds before the DJ stop spinning the music. After that, the lights turned out and the music stops and everyone have to leave. Candy made sure that I was with him most of the time. He guided me out and we headed to the mamak place where we sat earlier to drink. I was pretty worn out even though I didn’t dance but sat most of the time because in the club, it was stuffy and smoky. Everyone was smoking and my hair now stinks of cigarette smoke. It is like a combination of all the cigarettes that is sold here in Malaysia. After sitting down in mamak, we headed off saying our good byes to Chiong Kor and Ken Nie because they came with Mohan.

I bid my good byes to Nicklaus and Julian and Nick’s friend, May if I could recall her name. I sat in the car stoning because my eyes were painful because I was wearing contact lenses and it was really dry due to all the smoke in the club.

Candy sends Eugene home and then only he sends me home. Candy actually walked me up to my house because I was acting a little wacky by acting, drunk. Then I hugged him good bye and said thanks for taking care of me. When I reached home, I took off my make-up, earrings, and changed into my pajamas and plopped myself to bed. Then I received a text message from Candy saying that he just puked at the drain near my house and I got worried if he is able to go back home now. He said that he is fine and he just puked because he drank too much Coke. This was the first time I am hearing that someone pukes because of drinking too much Coke. Nevertheless, he text messaged me later saying that he arrived home and taken some medicine and was going to bed.

The next day which was today, I woke up with a strained neck which I think it was caused because I was sleeping the wrong way and I gotten myself with a slight fever. I told Candy that I won’t be able to join him for dinner because I gotten myself sick and I have already taken a leave off from work. But I must say that going to a club for the first time was really much an enjoyable experience though I didn’t see any of them drunk and going wild. Maybe if they are going clubbing again and decide to invite me again, I may join them or maybe not…it depends.

3 comments:

ニコール said...

hhahah... clubbing is only fun if you go with the right people...maybe when I get back in December, we'll go out together ya... hahahahah btw, I like chivas too... my dear dear keeps a bottle of the 21 in my room =.=lll

alwizhyper said...

WTF?! why issit in your room? hahahaha!! but i cant dance to save my life. only like...drink. XD

ニコール said...

hahah.... s'not like i can dance either...it's in my room cause he's afraid that his roommate will steal it cause he lives in the dorm and the stupid bottle of Chivas is 100 USD (we bought it in the Bahamas, it comes in a dark blue porcelain bottle with a velvet blue bag... I think it's supposed to be special in that it has a name : Royal Salute... supposedly it's 21 years old... hahahaha same age as me this year)